Monday 13 June 2011

First 'BLOG'!

Hi all,

 I'm new to this! This is going to be a combination of learning how to 'blog' and learning how to train efficiently and safely... I recently joined a Triathlon club and started doing some proper exercise to train for these. I'm starting at the very beginning doing sprint distance (typically 400m or 750m swim, around 20km cycle, and 5km run). I did my first one at Woodhall Spa on the 29th of May and thoroughly enjoyed it. I've been really surprised how quickly my fitness levels have developed. I expected to be pretty broken after exercising solidly for an hour and three quarters, but the next day I felt fine. I was slightly aching, but nowhere near what I thought I was going to be! Anyway, I've had a few people tell me how they have felt inspired or motivated by my posts on Facebook regarding all this exercising malarky, so I thought it would be nice to have somewhere dedicated to it. This way people can choose to look or not look, I can keep track of my training better, and people can also offer advice to me, be it about blogging or exercising! I also recently hurt my back, which put me out of the loop for a week to be on the safe side, so I think a record of how I respond to things like this and whether what I do helps/hinders problems like this will be useful for reference in the future.

SO... any posts, information, links, comments, anything at all that you feel is relevant, please join in! (I'm winging it here, can you tell?!)

Ta muchly,

Sue (Padoopa)

2 comments:

  1. My top tip .... Get a running buddy! It worked for us didn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah padoopa! - looking forward to learning about triathalonaling! :) pete

    ReplyDelete